PART TIME RECEPTIONIST
Salary: Grade 2 - £18,084 (pro rata equivalent salary £8,792)
Responsible to: Office Manager
Working Hours: Job Share 21.25 hours per week, term time only plus 5 inset days, (plus 5 additional half days)
Overall Job Purpose
To provide a professional and helpful welcome to the school at reception and over the telephone.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Welcome visitors to the school
• Answer the telephone promptly and deal with telephone enquiries, face-to-face enquiries, recording all calls, taking messages or re-directing calls to appropriate members of staff
• Signing in visitors
• Dealing with confiscated items and lost property
• Manage distribution of bus/coach passes
• First Aid duties including overseeing sick bay and sickness reporting, liaising with parents and staff etc
• Maintain up-to-date records for student medication kept in school
• Administration of weekly detention letters
• Prepare School Registers for distribution; to distribute and/or copy information accordingly for the daily registers
• Receiving and distributing the general post in a timely manner
• Student filing
• Any other reasonable clerical duties as directed by the Office Manager
• To support the main office
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
• Participate in training opportunities and professional development as required
• To contribute to the overall ethos and aims of the school.
• To be available during GCSE and A Level Results day.
This job description is designed to outline the main duties and responsibilities associated with the post but it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties performed. It is envisaged that this role will evolve over time in line with the development of the School. It may be subject to modification after consultation with the post-holder.
Wilmington Grammar School for Girls
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years