We have a great opportunity for an experienced Coordinator of Applied Science. This role will be based in our new STEM build at our Oaklands Welwyn Garden City campus.
The successful candidate for this role will have previous knowledge and understanding of teaching applied sciences to and also tutoring level 2 and 3 students and BTEC Science.
The Coordinator will be fully immersed in assistance in the development, design, and evaluation of the Applied Science study programmes and any associated learning materials. Responsibilities will include (and are not limited to):
- Fully co-ordinate nominated courses or programmes as requested by the Head of Department. Co-ordinate and liaise with external awarding bodies and verifiers.
- Represent the College at external marketing events.
- Co-ordinate IV for the given subject areas.
- Carry out administration tasks relevant to co-ordination duties, including: interview planning and parent evening invitations.
- Be responsible for application and adherence to quality standards related to curriculum activities, including assessment planning and programme development.
- Lead and support colleagues in the development of full cost courses for industry.
- Ensure statistics for recruitment, attendance and achievement are accurately monitored for nominated programmes; work effectively with MIS/Exams and act upon information where necessary.
- Complete course/programme related documentation relating to quality assurance and improvements – e.g. programme logs.
You will be part of a dynamic and passionate team, contributing to making a real difference to the future of our students; therefore having a positive and engaging approach to the development of our students will ensure they will reach their full potential at Oaklands.
37 hours per week Up to £33, 174 per annum 42 Days Holiday per year plus Bank Holidays Auto Enrolment into the Teacher’s Pension Scheme Welwyn Garden City Campus