Opened in 2010 Keighley College has excellent modern facilities and provides a professional and friendly environment. The college has superb training resources including a fully equipped Motor Vehicle workshop, Industry standard Fabrication and Welding workshop, State of the art Engineering facilities (including our newly created Industrial Centre of Excellence (ICE), Luxurious Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy Salons and Electrical Installation, Plumbing, Brickwork and Carpentry & Joinery Workshops. The site also has Childcare training rooms, and IT / Mac suites.
Keighley College is also home to the unique STAR Centre, a specialist hub promoting science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) subjects to young people and the Fab Lab, which offers the latest in digital fabrication equipment along with a friendly atmosphere where users can build, code, solder, design and engineer their own products.
Keighley College is a member of the Leeds City College group.
Fixed term contract: 15 months
Level 2 Apprenticeship rates:
16-17 yrs £4.16 per hour (equivalent salary: £8,025 pa)
18-20 yrs £5.71 per hour (equivalent salary: £11,016 pa)
21-24 yrs £7.11 per hour (equivalent salary: £13,716 pa)
25+ £7.20 per hour (equivalent salary: £13,890 pa)
- Undertake all aspects of administrative and clerical tasks, including word processing duties, production of letters, use of databases and spreadsheets, mailshots, email, photocopying, faxing and filing.
- Deal effectively and professionally with telephone and face to face enquiries from staff and the public.
- Ensure a regular and accessible availability of college forms, stationery and other supplies.
- Carry out general admin duties relating to the different areas of work across shared services.
- Create and maintain effective filing and computerised systems as required.
- Liaise with catering to arrange hospitality.
- Assist at enrolment and other college events, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Support student enrolments within Shared Services
- Work with the Transition team in supporting college events including parents evenings, open evenings and awards events.
Employees of Keighley College enjoy a wide range of benefits. To find out more about what we offer click on the following link: http://www.leedscitycollege.ac.uk/jobs/benefits/
You will be asked about your eligibility to undertake an apprenticeship on the application form.
Keighley College is committed to Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly) and safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check as well as mandatory pre-employment checks which may also include checking social media profiles. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.