Qualified Schools are currently seeking an enthusiastic and responsible candidate for this Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship at a Primary school in Cambridge.
The position will be full time (35 hours per week) with on-the-job training, and you will receive a qualification after 18 months (Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 3).
As an apprentice teaching assistant you will work alongside and support a classroom teacher to give additional instruction and attention to pupils. You will often be assigned to individual pupils who are in need of additional help. This may be because English is not their first language, or because they have learning difficulties and require additional help understanding or completing tasks.
Other duties may include:
- Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups
- Enforce school and class rules to help teach students proper behaviour
- Help teachers with record keeping, such as tracking attendance
- Help teachers prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment, such as computers
- Help supervise students in class, between classes, during lunch and break times
- Providing support to children with mathematics, reading and writing on an individual, class or small group basis
- Giving extra help to children with special needs or those for whom English is not their first language
- Helping to develop programmes of learning activities and adapting appropriate materials
- Motivating and encouraging pupils
- Assisting with marking and correcting work
- Attending meetings and reviews
- Helping with school events, trips and activities
Requirements: Hold 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and Maths (or equivalent)
Required personality traits:
If this would be suitable for you, please don’t hesitate to apply, as interviews will take place just after October half term.
Qualified Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and all posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Qualified Schools are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.