Eresby School, Spilsby, is now recruiting for an Apprentice Teaching Assistant.
Eresby School is a successful and growing special school catering for pupils with a wide range of Special Educational Needs and has been judged by Ofsted as ‘Outstanding’ on 3 consecutive inspections. As an outstanding school, Eresby is an open and inclusive school community.
‘Pupils are at the heart of all decisions made by leaders and staff at the school.’ Ofsted January 2016
Required to work with all age groups and abilities, you should have a real interest in working with pupils with learning difficulties and challenging behaviours. We need someone who is enthusiastic, caring and willing to learn new skills.
- Have good subject knowledge in both literacy and maths
- Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences, sometimes on a 1:1 basis and sometimes in a small groups
- Be calm and patient and be able to see the potential in all of our pupils and be aspirational for them
- Be nurturing and supportive with high expectations
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Be confident at using ICT, and willing to learn new skills
- Have the ability to work independently, showing initiative, as well as be part of a team, co-operating and collaborating with others staff.
We can offer you
- A happy, supportive and friendly team of teachers and support staff
- Enthusiastic, polite and friendly pupils who are very keen to learn
- Excellent support and CPD opportunities for staff
- A rich, vibrant curriculum which is enjoyed by staff and pupils
To apply please go to
www.dret.co.uk/careers or to arrange a visit please contact Dawn Hunt, School Business Manager by telephone on 01790 752441 or email email@example.com
The closing date – 1st August 2019
The Eresby School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for this post.