Due to the continuing success and ongoing expansion of King's College Doha we are looking to appoint an outstanding Arabic and Islamic Studies Teacher. The successful candidate will be able to make a significant contribution to the Art department as the School expands. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly talented team that has established King’s College Doha as one of the leading schools in Qatar.
King’s College Doha is a British Curriculum school currently for students aged 3 to 6 with plans to open a new 3 - 18 campus in the near future. We enjoy a strong relationship with King’s College Taunton, our sister school in the UK, and are proud to have brought nearly one hundred and fifty years of British education excellence to Qatar. Set on an outstanding campus, students and teachers at King’s College Doha benefit from first class facilities for both academic and co-curricular learning.
- Delivering lessons to students according to the Ministry of Education and Higher Education authorized curriculum and ensuring that curricular expectations and goals are achieved.
- Cultivate in pupils, where required, a clear understanding of Islam and Islamic values.
- Attending Parents Teacher interviews, meetings, Professional Development sessions and other relevant functions.
- Communicating with parents and answering their questions in a professional manner.
- Acting as a role model for students in dress code and behavior.
- Support the wider school curriculum and objectives by supporting non-curricular events out of school hours and after-school clubs.
- Perform any other reasonable duty designated by the Head of Department or Management of the school.
- Effectively plan and deliver lessons that are interesting and offer differentiation
- Carry out relevant assessments on students, effectively record, and act upon data that is generated.
How to Apply
In order to apply, please click on the Apply Now button beneath the advert text - here you will be able to download an application form.
After considering the details of the candidate information pack, complete all sections of the application form including the supporting statement that sets out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirements of the role and your ambitions for the school.
King’s College Doha is part of EduReach Education’s network of international schools. Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
The closing date for applications is Friday 3rd December 2021
Preliminary discussions with candidates will take place during November/December . First round interviews will take place on a rolling basis and early application is therefore advised. Shortlisted candidates will be notified, and final round interviews arranged accordingly. King’s College Doha reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please contact email@example.com should you have any questions or wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role. Please visit our website at www.kingscollegedoha.com for further information about the School.
Safeguarding and Privacy
King’s College Doha is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to applicants providing a satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate from their home country that is less than 6 months old.
By applying to this post, you agree to your data being held and processed by King’s College Doha and its affiliates. If you are appointed to the post you also agree to additional information, including sensitive data such as bank details and medical information, being held by King’s College Doha and its affiliates.
King’s College Doha offers the international community of Qatar an outstanding UK-style independent school education in some of the best facilities that the region has to offer. After a hugely successful opening in September 2016, the School has esta...