Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
GEMS Royal Dubai School offers world class facilities set in a modern campus providing a bright, modern, well-resourced environment for our students to extend their learning. A special emphasis is placed on the integration of technology into the curriculum with a high level of community engagement and involvement in the school. GEMS Royal Dubai School offers the National Curriculum for England, to pupils from Foundation Stage to Year 6.
Arabic Pedagogy Coach
We are looking for outstanding teachers who are excited to join our world class schools and are driven to provide education at an exceptional level. GEMS teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
Our Arabic Pedagogy Coaches work across a cluster of schools collaborating with school leadership to identify areas of strength and improvement, supporting schools to ensure progress across the group. Support will include; planning and leading professional learning programs to support teachers in their professional growth and to support GEMS education’s onward growth in Arabic Language and Islamic Studies teaching.
The successful candidate will:
- Enjoy working in a dynamic multi-school setting
- Be highly motivated and able to work with a high degree of independence
- Be dedicated with recent and up to date pedagogical understanding
- Have studied language learning education (MFL) at a tertiary level and holds a recognised teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE/B.Ed or equivalent
- Have excellent communication and language skills in both English and Arabic
- Preferably has experience in the teaching of Islamic culture and values although this is not essential
What we offer:
- Students that are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to successful candidates including competitive tax free salary, furnished accommodation, medical insurance, visa costs, baggage allowance, annual flight allowance and free school places for up to two dependants.
Please visit www.gemseducation.com/careers and apply for these positions online (Ref: 1311)
Please ensure you have uploaded an up to date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.
GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.