Vision for Education are currently working on behalf of a Primary school in Gateshead who are looking to appoint a Level 2 (or above) Teaching Assistant to work one-to-one with a pupil with English as an Additional Language. This is a full-time role, starting in September 2018 and will continue to the end of the academic year, so candidates must be able to commit to the entirety of the role.
This larger than average sized primary school are looking for a committed and successful teaching assistant who can speak fluent Arabic to work alongside an EAL child. The successful candidate will be based in a Year 5 classroom working on a one-to-one basis from 8.30 – 15.30 each day. The candidate will work alongside good leadership and supportive staff to ensure the child continue to be offered the support to improve throughout the remainder of year in Literacy and Numeracy.
The successful Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant will have excellent knowledge of working with children with EAL, and ideally will have worked with children with SEND. The desired teaching assistant will be working closely with the SENDCO and class teacher to deliver the best possible care for the children under their care.
To be considered for the position of Arabic Speaking Teaching Assistant you must:
- Have experience supporting children in primary education with EAL
- Hold a Level 2 qualification in childcare
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Primary School Staff
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and Teaching Assistant, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated Primary consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Primary Education team, at the Newcastle upon Tyne.