Job title: Ark Blake Academy Teacher of DT (0.6 FTE)
Location: East Croydon – Ten-minute walk from East Croydon station
Contract: Part-time hours (0.6 FTE), permanent contract.
Start date: September 2021
Salary: Ark MPS / UPS (pro rata). TLR may be available
Closing date: 07 May 2021
Opportunity for an exceptional candidate to be a Teacher of DT (0.6 FTE), shaping a new Ark secondary school in East Croydon.
Ark Blake Academy welcomed its first cohort of 180 Year 7 pupils in September 2020 and is already providing children in East Croydon with an excellent academic education, based on our strongly held values. We aspire to become one of the best schools in the country, providing all our pupils with an excellent education that empowers them to ‘seize greatness’.
At Ark Blake, we seek to transform lives through education. We believe that each of our pupils is born with unique potential for greatness and can take responsibility to achieve this. We believe that by aiming high, working hard and living according to Ark Blake’s values, our pupils can seize greatness, lead lives that bring fulfilment and strengthen their communities.
Exemplary behaviour and a spirit of ‘always learning’ have helped us to create a culture where greatness is the expectation. We now wish to add a Teacher of DT (0.6) to our talented and committed founding team. The successful candidate will share our relentless drive to provide excellent learning experiences for every pupil, both in and out of the classroom. They will share our vision for a school where pupils take responsibility to ‘seize greatness,’ achieve academic excellence and flourish as knowledgeable, confident, articulate, responsible citizens, who live according to Ark Blake values.
We are recruiting an exceptional candidate as Teacher of DT (0.6 FTE), to work in close partnership with the DT department, the Senior Leadership Team and the Principal to embed the school’s vision and develop an outstanding school that empowers our pupils to take responsibility and seize greatness. An additional pastoral responsibility may be available for a suitable candidate.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the school. They will be supported in their development and preparation towards additional leadership opportunities. We will provide one-to-one support, coaching and access to extensive network training.
Ark Blake Academy is part of Ark, one of the UK’s most successful school groups, with a network of 37 schools in 4 locations across the country.
As a proud member of the network, we offer:
• Twice as many training days as standard
• Weekly staff training designed to meet the needs of the school
• Coaching for every teacher
• Protected co-planning time
• Access to the high-quality, regular professional development
• Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues across the network
• Have an unwavering determination to deliver excellence for pupils from all starting points
• Share the Ark Blake beliefs, vision and mission and be aligned with the Ark six pillars underpinning it
• Be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations for every pupil in both academic achievement and personal development
• Be committed to continually improving classroom practice and raising attainment
• Manage behaviour effectively to create a positive, calm and purposeful climate for learning
• Have the drive, skills and resilient character required to help build a new school
• Combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching your subject
• Be reflective about the Academy and committed to securing its continued development
• Value and support practices driving continued progress across the network of Ark schools
View the full job description and person specification.
For more information about our school, please visit: www.arkblake.org. To arrange a confidential conversation with the Principal about this role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process which will include questions about safeguarding. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
Ark Blake Academy
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years