We are looking to appoint an exceptional, ambitious and committed teacher to join our highly successful school.
The Design & Technology department is well resourced with rooms set up with specialist equipment. Students work in a purposeful and dynamic atmosphere where problem solving skills are developed and encouraged across all Key Stages 3-5. The department also embraces the opportunity to enrich students through extracurricular activities and after school clubs.
Art is a lively and popular department at The Compton School. Students are encouraged to develop highly individual and fully developed art work. Students are given the opportunity to work with a wide range of materials, in two and three dimensions and in different scales. The department offers both GCSE Art and Photography as well as A-Level Art and Design. The Art department is housed in three new purpose-built rooms which include a media suite for students to use.
Why work at The Compton School?
• You will be joining a highly successful school with a national profile of excellence in teaching and learning, teacher training and student outcomes
• We will provide you with exceptional training through our induction programme
• All teachers can access professional development opportunities tailored for their level of career development
• The Compton School is now a MAT and this will bring exciting career opportunities in the future in Middle and Senior Leadership
• We have a fantastic building with a recently added Sixth Form Centre
Who are we?
We are a massively oversubscribed mixed multi-ethnic school that has had four outstanding OFSTED inspections in succession, most recently in January 2018. Students at the Compton make exceptional progress - our results routinely put the school within the top 2% of schools nationally for progress.
At The Compton we understand that our brilliant teachers make a difference to the life chances of our students every day by helping them to secure outstanding outcomes. We always strive to appoint the very best teachers and once in post, we provide a work place environment that ensures their needs are fully met now and in the future.
The successful candidate should have demonstrable experience of leading others to deliver successful outcomes. Applications are welcomed from experienced high quality practitioners with proven departmental leadership experience, or aspiring leaders with ambition and drive to achieve in a new environment. If you have the vision and skills to deliver a successful team, alongside quality teaching and learning, we would be keen to hear from you.
Starts September 2021.
Application deadline 20th May.
The Compton School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Situated in Barnet, London, The Compton School is a secondary which educates students aged between 11 and 18. It is a non-denominational establishment.
Ann Marie Mulkerins
Values and Vision
The Compton School values students who hav...