Contract length 2 years
Duration of class 40 minutes
Office hour 07:50-12:00 13:30-18:00(Flexible when no classes)
Beijing Luhe International Academy (BLIA)
First opened in September 2005 BLIA is situated in impressive purpose-built accommodation. The International Academy offers A-Level, IGCSE and AP curriculum for students.
The academy’s ‘parent’ school, Beijing Luhe High School, is a prestigious and high achieving school within the Chinese school system and has a number of longstanding international links. Luhe High School is very unusual, if not unique, in the Chinese school system. It is situated 18km due east of Tian’anmen Square on a large, beautiful campus that features buildings from the beginning of the 20th century as well as extensive open green spaces with lawns, tree-lined avenues and a lake; it is particularly beautiful in spring when the trees are full of blossom. The building of modern teaching facilities, administration areas and accommodation has been done in a style that retains the school’s traditional ambience. The school has many alumni who are distinguished within China and the wider world, including the Chinese ambassador to the United Nations in the mid-1980s. Luhe High School and its new International academy are the kind of places that attract able young people with ambition and the drive to succeed.
The students are hard-working, respectful and well-behaved. The biggest challenge is to get them to think and work independently, since the teaching methods used at A level or AP are very different from those they have been used to in their Chinese education. The school is committed to providing the resources necessary to teach; it wants to ensure that its students have every chance of success. We want to appoint teachers who are keen to develop themselves professionally. In 2009 we were accredited to provide the Cambridge International Examinations Certificate for Teachers and Trainers – the first centre in China to be so accredited, we understand – and we offer this professional level qualification to our teachers, running one programme per year.
Candidates must hold:
- A bachelor’s degree in the subject they are going to teach, a Postgraduate Certificate in Education or the equivalent qualification that gives them a licence to teach in their own country
- A minimum of 2 years experience of teaching a relevant course at an appropriate level.
In return you will receive:
- Accommodation: House allowance provided by school
- Medical Insurance: Provided by school, including one of family members
- Visas, work permit Applied and helped by school
- Bonus: A bonus of up to 2 months’ salary at the end of 2 years of contract
- Flights: Flights to and from the teacher’s normal country of residence and China at the beginning and end of the contract will be paid in full, for the teacher and his or her spouse. For teachers on a contract of two years, an allowance of up to 10000RMB each for the teacher and his or her spouse will be made to enable one visit to their home country to be made during the school’s vacation.
- Meals: Free breakfast and lunch for working days
- Holiday: National statutory holidays and Christmas day
- Other: Shipping allowance provided.