We are looking for an exceptional and inspirational teacher of Art and Design to join our outstanding and growing Art Department at Institut auf dem Rosenberg. The ideal person will have substantial experience across various mediums including fine art, fashion textiles and product design, an extensive portfolio of his/her own work, and experience of working in a project-based environment.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who:
- Employ modern teaching techniques and have a proven track record of excellent academic results, classroom management and in-class differentiation.
- Have a proven track record of teaching students of all age groups and differentiating effectively in the classroom.
- Are willing to develop and implement the school curriculum.
- Take an active part in the Institut auf dem Rosenberg’s extensive sports and/or co-curricular programmes.
- Have the ability to lead on projects and work independently.
- An appropriate degree with PGCE or equivalent teaching-qualification.
- Experience in teaching Art and Design.
- The ability and willingness to teach International GCSEs/A-Levels, IB Diploma and US High School Diploma/Advanced Placements.
- Knowledge of SketchUp or AutoCad, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and similar software.
- Proven track record of guiding students through the examinations for the above degrees with excellent grades.
- Dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg and a commitment to the school’s values and ethos.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a prestigious and leading independent boarding school for students aged 4-19 years, offering an international education to students from all over the world. The school offers International GCSEs and A-Levels, US High School Diploma with Advanced Placement examinations and is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Diploma. The school also operates the Rosenberg School of Talent & Enrichment where students can access first class co-curricular and sports programmes. For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
• A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful and internationally renowned school.
• A truly international environment with outstanding facilities.
• Colleagues committed to excellence, and a teacher/student ratio of approximately 1:3.
• An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan to maximise his or her potential.
• Attractive remuneration package including pension and optional accommodation.
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact details of three referees. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating "Art Teacher" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: 25th Arpil 2019. Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline for applications. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.