Date posted: Start date: September 2018 Contract type: Part Time
Salary: Undisclosed Contract term: Fixed Term Suitable for NQTs: Yes
Welcome to St Vincent’s Catholic Primary School, Acton.
We are seeking to appoint a highly inspirational, creative, enthusiastic and skilled Art and Design teacher to our popular and high achieving school. Our aim is to develop our Art & Design curriculum to further develop our connected curriculum and improve the quality of teaching and learning in the subject.
This is a non-class based role and includes:
• Teaching Art & Design across the primary phase;
• Teaching alongside the staff to develop their knowledge and skills; • Improving the quality of displays;
• Develop extra-curricular opportunities in Art and Design;
• Develop the links with Art and the rest of the connected curriculum.
Our ideal teacher will:
• Inspire our children to aim high;
• Have creative ideas to motivate pupils;
• Have knowledge and skills to develop the art curriculum;
• Offer opportunities for enrichment and extra-curricular clubs.
We are a team of supportive and caring staff who are dedicated to developing the whole child. As a result, our children are energetic, friendly and enjoy taking responsibility for themselves and others. We are dedicated to supporting the professional development of all of our staff, actively encouraging our teachers to develop new initiatives within their teams, and are keen to develop future leaders.
The successful applicant will:
• Be a practising Catholic or willing to support the Catholic ethos of our school •
Be skilled at building up positive and respectful relationships with children, parents & colleagues
• Be an enthusiastic team player who is willing and able to share ideas and expertise
• Be keen to develop their own teaching and try out new initiatives as part of an exciting and connected curriculum
• Be an inspirational teacher who motivates all children to do their very best
• Be committed to ensuring that every child will flourish and reach their full potential
We can offer:
• A warm and welcoming school and parish community • Enthusiastic pupils who are eager and ready to learn
• A highly motivated and supportive staff team
• Support for your own professional development
• Enthusiastic and supportive parents
If this is you, then please apply by submitting a completed application form by post or email to: Opinder Sokhi, School Business Manager, St Vincent’s Catholic Primary School, 1 Pierrepoint Road, Acton, London, W3 9JR.
At St Vincent’s we are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children; successful candidates will only be appointed subject to satisfactory references and receipt of an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For further details, please refer to the Person Specification and application form on our school website: www.st-vincents.ealing.sch.uk
The closing date for application is Monday 21st May 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview, which are due to take place on Friday 25th May 2018.
If you would like to come and take a look round and meet our friendly pupils and staff, please call the school to arrange a visit. We look forward to welcoming you.
I look forward to receiving your application. In the meantime, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to give me a call.