Art & Design Technician
Grade 3 point 6-9 £15,807 - £17,419
(£13,403 - £14,769 pro rata)
Starting January 2018
A vacancy has arisen at the West Grantham Academy St Hugh’s for the position of Art & Design Technician. The post holder is required to work 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
At The West Grantham Academy St Hugh’s we encourage our students to develop and grow as people during their time with us. As a small Church of England academy, we get to know our students extremely well and many people comment on the family atmosphere when visiting us. Much of this can be attributed to our ethos, which is driven by our values of creativity, responsibility and wisdom.
The academy is conveniently located close to the A1 and benefits from excellent road and rail links.
Main duties include:
· Maintain and clean equipment within the department ensuring that it is in working order and safe to use.
· To assist in creating materials to support teaching and learning – display work.
· Record, monitor and re-order stock as necessary, liaise with finance department and suppliers as required.
· Arrange for the repair and replacement of equipment as necessary, ensure equipment is safe to use.
· An opportunity to make a difference in an academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and support;
· 1:1 iPad learning for all students, with access to a full range of IT support;
· Support from an enthusiastic leadership, teaching and support team, who are passionate about raising standards of achievement for all students.
The candidate should have knowledge of current and relevant Health and Safety legislation for example COSHH, Manual Handling and a relevant NVQ Level 2.
More information and application forms are available on our website:
For any further information please contact Karen Hann by email: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept CV’s as a method of application.
Closing date: 1 December 2017
Interview date: 8 December 2017
Applicants who have not heard from the academy by 15 December 2017 should assume that, on this occasion, their application has not been successful.
The West Grantham Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)