Art and Drama Therapist
Salary: £33,000 to £38,000 per annum
Location: East London Independent School, E15 4HT
Contract: Permanent, Term Time + 2 weeks.
An inspiring opportunity to take your career to the next level and help shape the lives of our most vulnerable young people.
The Complete Education Solution (TCES)
TCES is an independent provider of specialist education based in London supporting exceptional neurodiverse children and young people aged 7 to 19 who have special educational needs and disabilities typically associated with autism, social emotional and mental health needs and associated disorders. Most of them will have experienced multiple placement breakdowns and significant trauma, often resulting in behaviour that challenges. On average pupils will have been excluded from other provisions up to three times before reaching us and had significant periods out of education.
TCES pupils learn at one of our four schools or within our Home Learning service; Create Learning and Create Learning Primary support our most complex and vulnerable pupils, with TCES East London and TCES North West London supporting those who are able to access learning within a school environment. When they are ready, we aim for pupils to step down from Create into one of our main schools.
TCES East London Independent School is an Ofsted Good rated day school specialising in the Arts, with all pupils encouraged to find and express their creativity and supported to achieve awards alongside traditional subjects.
The Role - Art and Drama Therapist
We are looking for a creative and passionate Art and Drama Therapist to support our neurodiverse pupils who require intensive creative arts interventions.
Essential requirements to be successful in the role are:
- Demonstrable success in offering Art/Drama therapy services to children with SEMH/ASC.
- HCPC Registered.
- Excellent attention to detail and proactive in proposing improvements to the service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A flexible, ‘can do’ attitude.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary and terms and conditions.
- An opportunity to join a leading provider of specialist education in one of the most rewarding sectors whilst directly contributing to the positive outcomes for pupils with SEMH and ASC.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to develop your career.
- A range of employee support and wellbeing benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), counselling and contributions towards medical costs and an exclusive rewards platform.
Closing date 4 August 2021
Please complete the application form and equal opportunities form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCES is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to all relevant checks such as references, medical clearance and a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
East London Independent School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 19 years
The Complete Education Solution (TCES) is a group of Ofsted rated Good and Outstanding schools and services for pupils aged 7 to 19 with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and/or Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. We are committed to ...