PRIORY SCHOOL, LEWES, EAST SUSSEX MIXED
Art and Photography Technician
Priory is a very successful school, graded “Good” by OFSTED (2015). The school is consistently oversubscribed yet has a genuinely comprehensive intake. The Governors seek to appoint an Art & Photography technician to work in a very successful Art department.
The hours of work are 24 hours a week, over 5 days, but we can be flexible with this. The salary grade is Single Status Grade 4, point 8, £16,123 to point 10 £16,781. The actual yearly salary for 24 hours a week, term time is £9,066 to £9,436.
There are 3 teaching staff in the Art department working in 3 classrooms and a darkroom. The primary function of the Technician is to support the work of teaching staff in ensuring that students receive high quality support and their individual requirements are met.
The duties include:-
• Preparing resources and materials for lessons
• Supporting learners with practical work
• Working unsupervised to keep the Art studios clean, tidy and free from hazards
• Stock take and equipment ordering
• Assist in an equipment booking system for cameras
• Repairing/maintaining photographic equipment, including a small darkroom
• Manage digital aspects such as uploading photographs, scanning & printing images
• Preparing mounts and frames
• Updating displays of student work around the school
• Writing and updating health and safety documents for activities, materials and equipment used in the department
The successful applicant will be experienced in working with a range of art materials and equipment. Darkroom experience is preferable but not essential. You must have the ability to communicate, relate well to staff and students and work effectively in a team. Additionally, you must have the capacity to be flexible with jobs in a working day, as situations are often changeable in a school environment.
Full details of the post and an application form can be downloaded directly from our school website at www.priory.e-sussex.sch.uk. They are also available from Personnel at Priory School, Mountfield Road, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return application forms to the Personnel Officer at Priory School or email email@example.com Please note that if you have not received a response within 3 weeks of the closing date then we regret that your application has not been successful.
Closing date for receipt of applications: is midday, Wednesday, 18 October 2017. Interview date: Friday, 20 October 2017.
East Sussex County Council is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake, or currently hold, a DBS enhanced clearance for this authority.