Art & Photography Technician
Salary: Scale 5 £22,956 to £24,999 (pro-rata) Actual £20181 to £21,977
Contract /term 36 hours per week, 40 weeks / Permanent
Responsible to: Head of Department- Art
Post Tenable: As soon as possible
Heartlands High School is a new mixed comprehensive 11-16 school that opened in September 2010. Popular and oversubscribed within the local community the school will take 1080 students. Our recent Ofsted described the school as a “Leaders have been able to cultivate an ethos of focusing on the needs of individual pupils. Pupils irrespective of their starting points, receive a range of support. Many pupils make very good progress.’’
Heartlands High School is looking to appoint outstanding staff to the faculty departments. If you are a talented and ambitious individual who is serious about making a real difference to the lives of young people, then this might be the opportunity that you have been waiting for.
The talented Art & Photography Technician will play an important role in supporting and resourcing lessons and must be capable of using their initiative as well as working collaboratively and supportively with others. Experience in digital photography, digital arts and Apple Mac/PC ICT is important for this role. Previous experience of working in a similar role would be an advantage.
The successful candidates will be responsible for below duties:
· Discussion of lists of requirements for each member of the teaching staff, preparing and arranging materials and equipment in time for the beginning of lessons.
· Preparation and delivery to classrooms of materials and equipment for practical lessons.
· Collection of materials, checking and storing effectively.
· Auditing stock, record keeping, ordering and checking deliveries of materials (in consultation with HoD) ensuring the availability of suitable materials and equipment, compiling orders and liaising with suppliers and finance departments. This will include sourcing, costing and suggesting economic alternatives to maintain stock levels. Keeping up-to-date records of stock and updating and reconciling Excel spreadsheet.
· Routine maintenance and management of cleaning (in consultation with Facilities staff) of classroom and studio space, equipment including the disposal of waste materials.
For further information please contact our HR department at HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk
. Application packs can be downloaded from the school website: www.heartlands.haringey.sch.uk
Closing date by 10 a.m. on Monday 18th June 2018.
Interviews date to be confirmed.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Please click on the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today.