Art / Design and Technology Teacher, Switzerland
We are looking for an exceptional and inspirational teacher of Art / Design Technology to join our outstanding faculty at Institut auf dem Rosenberg and add to the growing Art Department. The ideal person will have a substantial experience across various mediums including fine art, fashion and product design, an extensive portfolio of his/her own work, and substantial experience of working in the project based environment.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who:
• Have an excellent teaching profile with a proven track record teaching Art & Design up to GSCE level and Design Technology up to A-level
• Has some experience in teaching Fashion & Textiles
• Can teach students of all age groups and differentiate effectively in the classroom
• Have the ability to work independently on a variety of projects
• Are motivational and experimental in their teaching techniques
• Have the expertise to develop and implement their own curriculum
• Have the ability to work as part of a team
• Appropriate Master’s degree with PGCE or equivalent teaching-qualification
• A minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience
• Experience working at an international school
• The ability and willingness to teach UK (I)GCSEs/A-Levels, and US High School Diploma/Advanced Placement
• Proven track record of guiding students through the examinations for the above qualifications with excellent grades
• Knowledge of SketchUp or AutoCad, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and similar software
• Additional languages, particularly German, are a plus
• A good knowledge of a variety of mediums including Fashion, Jewellery, Textiles, Graphic products and Product Design and the willingness to experiment with mediums
• Experience in building a successful portfolio for Fashion and Product Design
• Dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg and a commitment to the school’s values and ethos
The following would also be advantageous:
• Substantial experience with costume design
• Co-curricular or Extracurricular experience
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a leading independent boarding-school for students aged 6-19 years, offering five different international education systems (Swiss, German, Italian, British and American). The school's International Section offers UK (I)GCSEs and A-Levels, and US High School Diploma and Advanced Placement. For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
• A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful and internationally renowned school
• A truly international environment and outstanding facilities
• Colleagues committed to excellence, and a teacher/student ratio of 1:3
• An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan and maximize his or her potential
• Attractive remuneration package including pension and optional accommodation
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact-details of three referees. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating "Art/Design & Technology" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: July 9. Early applications are encouraged. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.