Short Description: Job Summary - Australian International Academy- Melbourne Senior Campus. - Art Teacher
Australian International Academy (AIA) established in 1983 is an independent, progressive, co-educational school with campuses in Melbourne, Sydney and Abu Dhabi. The Academy offers the (IB) International Baccalaureate programmes and the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE). AIA provides students with opportunities to excel academically, to grow in leadership, sporting achievements, debating, arts, performing arts and other extra-curricular programs. The culture of the community is informed by Islamic values coupled with a strong focus on fostering in students a positive Australian identity to create confident global citizens. Applications are invited from suitably qualified, inspiring and skillful professionals for positions to commence in term 3, 2018.
AIA is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with AIA’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policies. Applicants for teaching positions are required to provide a valid VIT registration. Commitment to the values to the ethos of Islamic Education is essential. A working with children’s check is mandatory.
Applicants are sought from experienced teachers who demonstrate:
· The ability to drive academic achievement whilst supporting a diversity of learners
· Strong academic qualifications and a commitment to ongoing professional learning
· Capacity to plan, implement and assess whole school programs.
· Ability to provide engaging, challenging and purposeful learning experiences
· Commitment to child safety and implementation of effective and positive teaching strategies to improve outcomes.
· Capacity to develop constructive and positive relationships with students, parents and staff by using high level of written and verbal communication skills and high level of interpersonal skills.
· Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities and a capacity to reflect on, evaluate and improve professional knowledge and practice.
· Willingness to work collaboratively.
The successful applicant should be an excellent classroom practitioner whose teaching is informed by contemporary educational research, especially in the areas of differentiation, teaching for understanding and the use of relevant technologies. They will be passionate about their field, and will demonstrate the ability to build a culture of success and enjoyment of their subject. They will strive to ensure high standards of teaching and learning.
Applicants should send full details of qualifications and experience, which must include a copy of transcripts of tertiary results, and the names of three referees .
Applications close at: 5:00pm Friday 8th June, 2018