St. Nicholas School
A Unique Educational Adventure
Through an inquiry based international education, St Nicholas School develops responsible, confident and caring citizens of an ever-changing world. By setting high academic standards and celebrating cultural diversity, we nurture individual talents and embrace a shared passion for learning.
Art Teacher for any ages @ Pinheiros
St. Nicholas School is seeking to appoint an Art Teacher for the Pinheiros campus who has three or more years’ experience and who will enjoy working in a highly stimulating and dynamic international environment. The age range to be taught will be determined by the experience and interest of the candidate and we are looking for anything between Nursery and Year 12. Current experience teaching PYP, MYP or IB Diploma is highly advantageous. Candidates teaching older students should commit to the IB Diploma and be willing to contribute to Theory of Knowledge, Extended Essays and CAS. More information about St. Nicholas School can be found at www.stnicholas.com.br www.facebook.com/st.nicholas.sp and https://twitter.com/stnickssaopaulo.
St. Nicholas School has two campuses and the Pinheiros campus is well established and centrally located in a cosmopolitan, attractive and busy part of São Paulo. The school is a vibrant, stimulating and happy multi-cultural environment for 680 pupils from all parts of the globe. International students make up approximately 40% of the overall school population and this can be much higher in the secondary section. International mindedness is valued, promoted and celebrated. The school provides a balanced, rich, challenging and transformative education for its diverse body of students aged from 18 months to 18 years of age, most of whom are studying in English as an additional language
The Art Department is a successful and well-run Department that works within the Creative Arts Faculty, and where teachers value sharing ideas, resources and experiences. There are two full time teachers in the Department. Art is a timetabled subject from Nursery to Year 8. In Year 9 and 10 Art is a popular option within the Art, Drama and Music block. It is also a Group Six option offered at both SL and HL in the Diploma Programme. Results at Diploma have been good and compare favourably with world averages.
Candidates are expected to have:
- A university degree in Art or a related area and, a related teaching qualification and three years’ teaching experience.
- A recognition and clear understanding of the latest developments in education
- A commitment to inquiry based learning and the school's vision and mission
- A commitment to international mindedness and IB teaching philosophy (www.ibo.org)
- A positive and optimistic attitude to students, learning and education.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Additional qualities to add to the school community
St. Nicholas offers:
- a competitive salary paid in Reais
- a two year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- rent free accommodation
- private medical plan
- flights at the beginning and end of the contract
- professional development opportunities
- an end of contract gratuity
- fantastic students
Letters of application including a curriculum vitae, with the names and contact details of three referees should be sent by e-mail to the Headteacher’s Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The deadline for applications is 10th December 2017. Skype interviews will be held on the following week. Face to face interviews will take place in early January if required.