Smart Teachers is recruiting for a qualified Art Teacher to work in a part time capacity at an outstanding independent school in Hampstead. The successful Art Teacher will teach classes of boys in all years between Year 4 and Year 8, 4 days per week. The school is located in a central position in a stunning residential area of North West London. Classes are split over two sites within a short walk of each other. The school has excellent, well maintained facilities and is very well resourced. Art lessons are taught in a designated Art Room which is bright and airy, in addition to having ample storage and equipment. Art plays a key part in the school curriculum with artwork produced by the pupils holding pride of place, adorning the walls and corridors throughout the school. The successful Art Teacher will be joining a very happy school where children enjoy a well-rounded education and staff have the benefits of a supportive leadership team and CPD opportunities on a regular basis.
About the Role
· Art Teacher
· Teaching Year 4 to Year 8
· 4 days per week (Tuesday to Friday)
· Permanent post
· Start date 7th January 2019
· Yearly salary between £28,000 - £40,000 ( pro rata, depending on experience)
About the School
· ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating
· Independent prep school
· Specialist teachers in Years 4-8 for Art, Design Technology, MFL, ICT, Music, PE
· High levels of achievement
· SEN and pastoral support available
· Won awards for being an Eco School
· Hampstead, Zone 2
In order to be considered for this role, the Art Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
· Be confident in planning engaging lessons and recording progress
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number GMH5624.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.