Hours: 4 days/week
We are seeking to appoint Art Teacher to join our expanding Performing Arts Faculty. The position will be suitable for both a newly qualified and a more experienced teacher.
Art is offered up to KS5 level both within lesson time and as part of extra-curricular provision. Performing Arts faculty will soon move to brand new facilities that will also house two Art studios. A full-time Art technician supports the operations of the department.
About Central Foundation:
Located on the Old Street Silicon Roundabout and at the heart of the Tech City, the School is one of the top performing non-selective all boys schools in the country. The students’ outcomes have been consistently outstanding both at KS4 and KS5. In 2019, 82% of our Year 11 students achieved a good pass (Grade C/4 or above) in both English and Maths while 36% of Year 11 students achieved a grade 7, 8 or 9. The School was rated outstanding by Ofsted in 2015.
The School offers a broad curriculum with a focus on academic subjects as well as vocational education. Our extra-curricular provision not only supports the students’ experience in a classroom but also allows the students to develop new skills and interests in sport, music, drama, art, debating or cooking.
The School has a strong sense of community and a diverse student body with currently 64 first languages spoken by the students and 70 different ethnicities recorded on the school census this academic year.
The School is one of the beneficiaries of The Dulwich Estate and a portion of the funds received from The Dulwich Estate is used to provide the extra-curricular activities in sport and performing arts.
Benefits we offer:
- Inner London Weighting Allowance
- Opportunities of promotion, including an award of a TLR for taking on additional responsibilities within a department or across the school
- Coaching programme to support professional development (replacing the three performance management lesson observations a year)
- Designated team to support new colleagues and NQTs
- Workload-friendly assessment policy
- Centralised teaching resources significantly reducing the teacher’s workload and supporting collaboration within the departments
- Generous allocation of preparation and marking time
- Centralised detention system
- Administrative support with certain departmental tasks
- Travel loans
- Cycle scheme
- Gym membership scheme
- Free gym facilities on site available before and after school
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Pension scheme
- On site car-park (limited spaces) and cycle storage
- Great location with Old Street (1 min away on foot), Liverpool Street (10 min) and Moorgate (10 min) stations nearby
If you would like to find out more about the school or visit the school before submitting your application, please contact us on 02070173021 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check.
Please download an application pack from TES website or contact the school on 02072533741 / e-mail email@example.com.
Applications should be sent to the school address FAO HR Manager or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Tuesday 18th May, 9am
Central Foundation Boys' School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years