Would you like to use your Art skills to teach highly motivated students in a creative, welcoming and supportive environment? We are looking to appoint a teacher of Art who has the subject knowledge and desire to inspire our extremely engaged, articulate and diverse student body. Art has a very high profile in the school with regular installations, shows and initiatives, enriching the school environment and challenging thinking.
Art is a popular choice at GCSE and A-Level. Many of our students go on to read Architecture at Cambridge, UCL and Russell Group universities, as well as to Art foundation courses at St Martin’s, Camberwell, Chelsea, Kingston and Epsom Art Colleges.
Early career teachers are very welcome to apply - we support the development of new teachers through an excellent ECT training programme and the Art department is very supportive in its approach.
Candidates suitable for the role will:
- be confident in teaching Art up to and including GCSE to high-achieving students and be excited about moving on to teaching to A level
- be passionate about personal and professional development and demonstrate a willingness to engage with the findings of evidence-based research through our whole-school CPD programme.
- help extend and enrich students’ school experiences beyond the curriculum
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join an ‘Outstanding’ school – Ofsted October 2021
- the opportunity to join a highly successful Art department with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra-curricular activities flourish
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a diverse workplace, with an engaged student and staff community who are currently collaborating on a review of the school’s approach to equality
- a two-week October half term
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just 15 minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6).
For further information about our school, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form on this page or available on our website or contact the school office. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 13 December 2021
The school reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.