Smart Teachers is recruiting for an innovative and enthusiastic Art Teacher to join an “outstanding” independent school in Shepperton, South West London. This Art Teacher position role is for an All Boys’ School for 11- 18 year olds with a co-educational sixth form. This Art Teacher vacancy is available for an April 2018 start and will be contracted through to the end of the current academic year. The successful Art Teacher will be required to work part time, offering 2 days a week to teach in the school, preferably Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
About the Role
· Art Teacher
· Part Time
· April 2018 Start
· Very little planning involved
· Covering lessons in Year 7, 8, 9 & 10
· Long term contract
· Up to £145 per day (dependent on experience)
About the School
· All boys independent school
· 11-18 year olds with co-educational sixth form
· Rated as “Outstanding” in all categories during its last inspection
· Offers wide range of fantastic art facilities to be utilised as part of the lessons
· Centred in providing a friendly, family- oriented, nurturing and supportive environment
· Easy to access using multiple routes via public transport, parking facilities available as well
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Art Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· A PGCE qualification or equivalent, specialising in Art/ Photography/ Visual Design/ Media
· Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum one term)
· Have strong behaviour management skills
· Possess the ability to teach pre planned lessons and partake in marking work
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number IXK4915.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.