Educational Support Technician – Art Lead (Part Time)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an ambitious and improving school.
Burlington Danes holds a special place in London’s educational landscape. It is the first Ark school, and has a history stretching back to its founding in 1699. Ark Burlington Danes Academy is a non-selective, all-through comprehensive school that serves a local community with a high degree of social disadvantage. Our mission is to ensure that every child, regardless of background, has the right to access the highest qualifications, best universities and most competitive careers. Our staff are firmly committed to our vision. We believe in a ‘no excuses’ culture and strive to ensure that our students have the best academic education possible, supported by an excellent enrichment and pastoral programme to ensure our children develop into rounded, successful individuals who will thrive in the outside world. We are a learning community that invests heavily in developing the teaching and leadership skills of all our staff through our in-house programmes and the outstanding training provision of the Ark network.
We are now looking to recruit an Educational Support Technician – Art Lead (Part Time) to join our school who is dedicated to helping every child succeed. You will join a highly motivated Creative Arts Faculty, committed to a creative and stimulating approach to teaching and learning.The successful candidate will support teaching and learning by ensuring that workshops and classrooms are fully prepared for exam classes as well as KS3 lessons and appropriate equipment is safely maintained and available for all lessons. The role will be focused on art, photography and digital arts, although support may also be required in other areas.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be a highly organised Technician with the ability to multi-task
• have experience in prepping materials for a wide range of events in an Art & Design capacity
• demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
• be a committed team player
• be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses culture
• have the resolve and enthusiasm to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
• join one of the most successful academies in England
• work in high quality facilities
• receive unrivalled training and professional development
• join a network of Ark schools and benefit from the support of experienced network colleagues
• gain access to an exclusive range of benefits including reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
If you share in our commitment to excellence, we want to hear from you. For information about the school, please go to http://burlingtondanes.org/vacancies.
To apply, please complete by visiting: https://arkcareers.engageats.co.uk/Vacancies/W/4772/0/212586/19508/educational-support-technician-art-lead.
Please complete your application by 11am on Friday 22nd February 2019. If you have any technical issues please contact the recruitment team on 0203 116 6345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Ark Burlington Danes Primary Academy, Wood Lane, London W12 0HR
Closing Date: 11am on Friday 22nd February 2019
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Ark Inner London Support Staff Pay Scale Band 4
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.