For three decades the St. George’s British International School group has shown particular strengths in crafting education based on fundamental values. An innovative learning architecture paired with unlimited possibilities to nurture personal interests and the support of a thriving international community distinguish St. George’s in pioneering future-oriented schooling. Our community of dedicated teaching and administrative professionals located in Munich, Cologne and Duisburg-Düsseldorf consists of people who embrace these values and passion, believing in our vision of developing the future of education together.
Located in Cologne and joining the Secondary Art department of the school we are looking for a dynamic and creative
Art Technician (m/f/d)
This will be a one year fixed term contract on a full-time basis starting in September
- To always act in the best interests of pupils.
- To support the school’s ethos and aims.
- To act in accordance with school policy and the school’s Code of Conduct.
- To prepare rooms and resources for art lessons and clubs.
- To manage the finalisation of pupil work (e.g. running the kiln) as needed.
- To design and construct basic equipment (e.g. plinths, storage solutions and theatrical sets).
- To set up art exhibitions in the school’s display areas and outside galleries.
- To manage stocks of resources, including preparing orders as necessary.
- To assist teachers with practical lessons.
- To uphold the highest health and safety standards, including cleaning and tidying as required.
- To ensure that all equipment is kept in good working order, liaising with other departments (e.g. IT) as necessary.
- To drive school vehicles (including a minibus) as required for the fulfilment of other duties.
- To handle data in a way that is compliant with the Data Protection Policy.
- To contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and other aspects of enrichment within the school, including after school clubs, school trips and events. These may be held after school, at the weekend or on holiday dates
- To undertake other activities of a similar level and scope, as directed by the school’s management team and art teachers.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a similar role
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite for this position, fluency in German is desirable but not essential
- A positive individual with a can-do attitude and the ability to work well as part of a team
- A working knowledge of the British education system would be advantageous but is not essential
Why join us:
The performance of our people is what defines the success of St. George’s. Our teams are enabled to take the initiative and encouraged to think and act like entrepreneurs. The multinational corporate environment provides our talented employees with a large area to expand professionally and offers multiple opportunities to enrich their individual mindsets and experiences. By joining us, you will be part of our community life and actively participate in varied projects, allowing St. George`s to continually evolve.
To innovate your career please send your letter of application, updated C.V. and earliest possible starting date in English to:
Mr Christopher Lewis
Head of Recruitment
St. George's The British International School - Cologne
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years
St.George’s, The British International School
St.George’s provides outstanding opportunities to teach in Germany, with schools in Cologne, Duisburg-Dusseldorf and Munich
Founded since 1985, St.George’s has established itself as a leading and progress...