Bethany is a vibrant, forward-looking School with a particular friendly and supportive staff and pupil community. Staff are expected to be in sympathy with the Christian faith which underpins the community and to contribute to the wider life of School.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational artist with qualifications in their specialist field, to uphold and develop our creative profile. The successful candidate will have access to our art studio and facilities to produce their own work as well as perform Art technician duties.
• Prepare materials for the teaching day;
• Maintain storeroom by ordering, receiving and storing stock;
• Assisting the pupils with mounting and display of their work;
• Help obtain specialist materials at short notice;
• Assist with Drama sets, Open Days and other exhibitions;
• Help pupils with work where own skills apply;
• Organise and maintain the darkroom;
• Maintain I.T facilities, printers, inks etc.;
• Prepare materials (I.T/practical equipment) for the day;
• Cutting fabric and producing block prints for students;
• Displaying work in the Department and across the school;
• Maintenance of sewing machines, upkeep and servicing of equipment;
• Preparing clay for classes, assist with loading/running the kiln and assist with glazing where necessary;
• Preparing for an annual Exhibition of your own work.
For further details and an application pack, please visit: http://www.bethanyschool.org.uk/staff-vacancies/1991.html
Closing date: Midday on Monday, 27th November 2017.
Bethany School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo enhanced child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. The appointment will be made without regard to gender, age or ethnic origin. Bethany School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.