Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced SEN teacher for a one year contract from September, working in KS3. The students all have complex needs including those with visual impairment. The behaviour in the class can be challenging, so strong behaviour management is required.
About the Role
- The school follows the IMPACTS sensory curriculum
- There are a number of therapists on-site, ensuring a supportive and inclusive environment is available for all students
- There will be a number of TAs available in the class to help with differentiation and support
- The class will be small, with around 8 students per class across the school
In order to be considered for this role, the teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum of 6 weeks is essential)
- A calm and experienced teacher with proven experience working with students with ASD
- Is able to plan and deliver personalised programmes
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Have experience of sensory needs and sensory integration
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
- Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference IXH29210.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.