Required for September 2019
We are looking for a lead teacher in the subject of Geography to drive the curriculum and pedagogy forward in the Humanities faculty. You will be part of our leaders of learning team whose aim is to develop ‘great’ teaching and learning throughout our school. You will support senior leaders and teachers in ensuring that our students, who deserve the very best, fulfill their potential so that they are well prepared for their future. You will be a talented teacher with a track record in being able to raise standards in learning and teaching and facilitating student progress. Teaching of Geography will be to GCSE and A level.
You will coach and motivate teachers to improve practice and you will have the opportunity to work with a talented group of staff who are committed to change and open to new thinking. This is your chance to become part of a team of leaders in a Trust which will give you the go-ahead to step up and lead and the aptitude to become a senior leader in the future.
Foxford is an 11-18 vibrant, multi-cultural school which is known for its friendly and supportive ethos and its ambition to succeed. You will be joining Foxford Community School at an exciting time as we have recently become part of Castle Phoenix Trust. The Trust prides itself on being the kind of place people want to work where everyone recognises the buzz of excitement and togetherness, whatever stage they are at in their career. We invest in ensuring the quality of our relationships, fostering and building strong teams to share good and innovative practice, to promote learners’ achievements and to be the best that we can be.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to flourish alongside supportive staff with a strong team ethos
• A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff which continues with access to enriched professional development through a range of internal programmes
• Opportunities for progression, through our Teaching School Alliance, well established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders, NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
• Access to personal profiling so that we can play to your strengths and understand how you can perform at your best
• A strong and effective admin team to enable you to concentrate on your teaching
• Opportunities to teach across all key stages
• A strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, through the Trust people strategy, and a range of benefits which include the provision of an iPad, the teachers’ pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, free parking and an employee discount scheme.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.
Visits and applications: The head teacher, Ruth Williamson, would be delighted to meet you and talk about the opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a visit.
Application packs are available to download on www.wmjobs.co.uk www.tes.co.uk or by email from Ali Wilkins, HR manager, email@example.com. Completed forms are returnable to HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk
Application deadline: 9.00 am on Wednesday 24 April 2019