Ref: Aspiring Science 1718
Worden is a highly successful, stand-alone academy that was judged good by OFSTED, yet again in February 2016.
Due to the rapid expansion of this popular and oversubscribed school, the Governors are seeking to appoint an ambitious teacher of science who is a team player and has the ability to be an outstanding leader of science in the future. When appointed, key leadership responsibilities can be agreed to suit the ambitions of the new post holder.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious and resilient individual who has the ability to motivate a team and lead by example to ensure the very best outcomes for our students.
There is an expectation that candidates will have significant knowledge of teaching and learning within science and have the desire to undertake nationally recognised school leadership courses in order to professionally develop their skills and attributes as a future leader.
The role provides an opportunity to be part of a strong, forward thinking and proactive team of subject specialists that are highly motivated and well led.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A passion for science
- Excellent subject knowledge
- A passion to support students in their learning and to enthuse them in science
- Consistent outstanding practice
- A strong track record or good and better achievement within their own teaching
- Resilience and the ability to think creatively
- Understanding of effective tracking and interventions that raise standards
- Good working relationships with all stakeholders
- A track record of coaching and supporting colleagues to improve standards
Worden is committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
More Information can be found at www.academyatworden.co.uk
The behaviour and attitude of students at Worden is excellent and potential candidates are welcome to visit and see us at work.
Application forms and covering letter can be emailed to the Head’s PA; Mrs Pattison firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Noon Thursday 19th October 2017
Interviews: w/c 23rd October 2017
- Degree in a relevant subject.
- PGCE or equivalent.
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or ability to work in secondary schools under the Wolf review recommendations.(QTLS)
- Up to date knowledge in subject, national and local policy, pedagogy, classroom management strategies and statutory inspections
- Knowledge of progress measures used in schools
- Ability to share their experience to sustain a curriculum which is sensitive to the needs of all children.
- Experience of implementing strategies which achieve high standards in a curriculum area
- Experience of the National Curriculum for Key Stages 3 and 4
- Understanding of the new ‘progress over time’ agenda
- Experience of using data to develop school improvement strategies.
For an informal discussion please contact: Headteacher - Mr C Catherall.
Academy @ Worden
Westfield Drive, Leyland, Preston, Lancashire, PR25 1QX
Tel: 01772 421021
School website: www.academyatworden.co.uk