Outstanding Teacher with a passion for SEN – Work towards becoming a qualified SENCO.
- Work alongside an experienced SENCO and receive excellent supervision and individualised professional development including the NASENCO course.
- Work in a school dedicated to creating a rich and happy learning experience for children.
- Work in a school which leads SEN practice and allows its children’s results to be in the top quota of national expectations.
As an Outstanding mainstream primary school, accredited by the National Autistic Society, we are looking for an exceptional teacher or aspiring SENCO to help develop and improve our offer to children with special educational needs and disabilities. We are a Maths Hub school, reading centre of excellence and have a nationally recognised resource provision for children with autism.
Redriff and Galleywall Primary School are looking to recruit a highly skilled and enthusiastic teacher to help champion our vision for SEN in the school and the wider community. The successful candidate will work in a reflective multi-disciplinary SEND team led by the Assistant Headteacher and SENCO who will develop your expertise and enable you to gradually become an expert in your field. This may include specialist training in dyslexia, autism, mental health, social inclusion or learning difficulties.
Please read the job description for a detailed description of the role.
This opportunity will allow the candidate to:
- work in an highly skilled team of professionals who lead the way in autism and SEN practice and pedagogy including working on exciting research projects
- teach exciting and engaging lessons to small groups of children with SEND
- Plan and coordinate support delivered by teaching assistants
- work creatively with a fantastic group of children and empower them to develop their voice, skills and talents
- develop and help shape teaching for children with SEND across two outstanding schools
- work towards the national award for special education coordinators post graduate certificate (NASENCO Qualification)
- contribute to our vision to ensure that the school provides the best support for children with special educational needs
- work closely with the teachers to ensure that the needs of the pupils are met in the classroom and through quality first teaching
- receive support in developing skills through high quality continuing professional development and training
The candidate will require:
- Qualified teacher status
- A flexible and creative approach to working with children with a range of special educational needs
- Interest and understanding of SEN and the role of the SENCO
- Experience devising educational activities for children with special educational needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A dedicated work ethic to ensure the needs of all pupils are met
- Preferred but not required, experience with some of the following autism, dyslexia, SEMH
If you are interested in an informal discussion about the post, please contact Jack Gibbs (Assistant Headteacher) 020 7237 4272 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information about the school, please see our website www.redriff.southwark.sch.co.uk
Closing date: 1st May 2018
Interviews:8th May 2018 (interview dates are flexible and can be booked around working schedules)
Salary: MPS + SEN allowance
Redriff Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. Please complete the application form in full as CVs alone will not be accepted.
Application packs and information about the school can be found on our website. Please return completed electronic applications to email@example.com or paper copies as stated on our application form.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.