Our end point assessment organisation, AIM Awards Assessment, exists to support the growth in the End Point Assessment (EPA) of apprenticeship standards, delivery of high-quality EPA, and working in partnership with major employers across sectors. We are currently focusing our work on the creative industries.
We are now seeking to recruit a talented and motivated individual to join us as assessment developer who will co-ordinate the lifecycle for a portfolio of assessments, provide specialist assessment knowledge and specialist occupational knowledge from their previous experiences. The ideal candidate will have previous experience as an FE lecturer, or comparable experience of assessing in marketing, public relations, advertising and/or publishing.
The assessment developer will take responsibility for the design and development of assessments through:
- leading the development, implementation and evaluation of a plan to ensure agreed assessments are developed in a timely fashion
- ensuring the validity of the development and compliance with relevant requirements and regulation (such as the ESFA, apprenticeship standards, external quality assurers)
- liaising with appropriate employers, occupational experts and organisations throughout the development process
- identifying, recruiting and coordinating the work of developers and occupational experts, managing potential conflicts of interest associated with the development
- coordinating the testing/trialling of assessments
- maintaining an accurate audit trail of the development process
- developing valid, reliable and workable assessment materials, delivery plans and assessment guidance
They will also be responsible for managing the review process of assessments, through:
- managing a portfolio of assessments, setting a review schedule as appropriate according to risk and usage
- developing and implementing feedback mechanisms with stakeholders to continually improve assessments and evidence validity
- coordinating the review of existing assessments, implementing changes where appropriate
- planning and coordinating the withdrawal process for agreed assessments
- continuously reviewing development and review processes and making recommendations for improvements
Being an assessment developer for AIM Awards Assessment you will having extensive knowledge of assessment practices and experience in writing, delivering and evaluating assessments and/or examinations. The role requires an in depth understanding of vocational education, assessment and delivery and a knowledge of the current market place for assessments. The ideal candidate must have strong project management skills, with the ability to work to deadlines.
Drawing on your previous experience within education, you will work closely with the EPA team to deliver and effectively contribute to continual improvement of the delivery of the apprenticeship end point assessments and ensure that you are providing the best possible service for our EPA apprentices and customers.
The role can be home or office-based and will require travel; reasonable travel costs will be paid.
In addition, occasional overnight stays will be required. International visits may also be required.
Minimum requirements are:
- previous experience as an FE lecturer, or comparable experience of teaching in marketing, public relations, advertising and/or publishing
- extensive knowledge of assessment practices
- experience of writing, delivering and evaluating assessments and/or examinations
- experience of project management, demonstrating strong organisational and prioritisation skills with successful delivery outcomes
- timekeeping and punctuality
- good interpersonal and communication skills
- willingness to travel essential
- self-motivated and possess a flexible approach with apprentices and employers
- a driving licence is desirable
An application pack can be downloaded from our website www.aimawards.org.uk or contact Rachael Tweddle on Tel: 01332 341822 Email: Rachael.Tweddle@aimawards.org.uk or write to AIM Awards, 3 Pride Point Drive, Pride Park Derby, DE24 8BX.
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th April 2019.