Division: Cambridge International
Contract: Full Time, Fixed term for 11 months
If you have a passion for your ICT/Computer Science subject area and want to stay connected but move away from teaching/the school environment, this may be your next career move.
Stay connected with what you love but have the opportunity to work flexible hours and not have to restart your career. See if the below role is for you!
What it's about
This role would suit an experienced Computing/ICT specialist with an interest in international and UK assessments. It involves managing assessment products for the Maths and ICT group across the range of subjects. You will be checking, proofreading, and signing off assessment materials, as well as managing examiners to ensure accuracy of marking and conformity to Cambridge Assessment International Education's assessment standards. You will be working with a range of stakeholders and ensuring that assessment providers are fully competent to deliver assessments in accordance with Cambridge standards. Part of the role involves supporting a diverse range of customers.
What you'll be doing
Manage the design, development, and delivery of a portfolio of syllabuses that reflect the values of the Cambridge Learner and teacher and also meet the needs of customers, meet Cambridge Assessment International Education's assessment standards and the Code of Practice.
Ensure that question papers and key documentation are produced efficiently, in line with procedures, on time and to the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
Ensure that marking, grading and results and appeals procedures and responsibilities assigned to the post are carried out accurately and effectively, according to agreed procedures and to schedule.
Manage the appointment, allocation of work, performance and succession planning of Setters, Revisers and Vetters, item writers, Assistant Examiners, Principal Examiners and other assessment providers to ensure that assessments are produced, marked and graded in accordance with Cambridge Assessment International Education's standards.
In conjunction with the Development Division as appropriate, work collaboratively with schools, partner organisations and ministries to develop and revise syllabuses and associated materials to ensure that they meet their needs, are cost effective and reflect the current developments in the subject area.
Contribute to the development of Cambridge Assessment International Education's strategy to use technology to provide on-line assessment, training and teacher support materials.
Contribute to improvement projects (systems/quality improvements), innovations, and working groups as appropriate in respect to continuous improvements and maintenance of quality procedures or the on-going delivery of assessment projects.
Organise the provision of consultancy services in some situations and contribute to training for partner organisations and ministries in relation to assessment of subjects in the portfolio and deliver outcomes to agreed timescales and quality.
Maintain quality control standards of qualifications submitted for accreditation in order to ensure that Cambridge accreditation services are met, if relevant. This may include in country evaluation of assessment processes.
To monitor costs of assessment materials production or project budgets.
What we're looking for
- Educated to degree level in ICT, Computer Science or a very closely related subject
- Knowledge of assessment in education
- High standard of English
- Post-graduate qualification in educational assessment, management or project management
- Teaching qualification
- Knowledge of international education
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Positive ‘can do' attitude
- Strong track record of effective ‘people' skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Team player
- Highly proactive
- Ability to self-manage
- Ability to prioritise
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work with basic statistics/data handling and interpretation ability
- Able to engage with technology and basic IT skills
- Extensive teaching experience and/or project management experience
- Experience in education-related project management at a senior level
- Examination administration
- Examining experience
- Can-do and proactive
- Appropriate judgement on decisions essential
- Collaborative, open and takes responsibility
- Open to change
- Meticulous approach; following procedures is essential
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world's best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners' potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms
For a confidential chat about this role, please contact Lizzie Philpott in the Talent Acquisition Team at Cambridge Assessment.
Closing Date: 5 August 2021
To apply please go to our website.
If you have any queries, please contact us on email@example.com
Cambridge University Press and Assessment
The Cambridge Assessment Group is a department of the University of Cambridge. We have three exam boards – University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL), and OCR. We are a n...