Highbury College is looking to recruit a proactive and conscientious Assessor in Automotive to join the dynamic Apprenticeship Academy team. This is a fantastic opportunity to pass on your skills and inspire the next generation. Working in a vibrant and positive learning environment, you will be responsible for providing the high quality assessment of Automotive students.
The main duties of this post are to:
· To carry out assessments and marking in line with College quality policies
· To carry out one to one supportive meetings with Apprentices
· To liaise with employers and bring in new students
· To facilitate NVQ Diploma and Apprenticeship programmes and related subjects up to Level 3
· To support the students in the workplace and in the classroom
Suitable candidates will meet the following criteria:
· Must have a NVQ Level 3
· Must have Assessor Awards or willing to work towards
· Experience and extensive knowledge of working in the Automotive industry
· Willingness to provide outstanding support for learners
· Be flexible and self-motivated with a dedication to student achievement and quality
· Experience of delivering learning to students/apprentices would be advantageous
This role is based at Highbury Campus. However, you will be required to travel to visit students on employer sites.
Highbury College offers extensive support to new staff including:
· Regular support and coaching throughout your first year
· A Mentor who will help you settle in to the College.
· A thorough Induction programme
· Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
· Support from the College to focus on CPD
What we can offer you:
· A fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme where the College contributes around 19.1%
· A canteen, hair and beauty salon and nursery
· A sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Childcare voucher scheme and access to an online discount website
· Discounted travel on the Isle of Wight Hovercraft service
The working environment:
· You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts.
· You will be working for a Grade 1 Outstanding College which has over 50 years of teaching and learning experience.
So if you think you have the technical skills and experience we look forward to receiving your application. Further information can be obtained by reading the full job description.
The deadline for this vacancy is the 16th April 2018.
Please note: If you require any additional support with the completion of your application please contact the HR department on 02392 328910 or firstname.lastname@example.org