Job Reference: AUG20194323
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 4,600 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Assessor to join our pro-active and dynamic construction team. The successful candidate will be required to deliver high quality apprenticeships and work based training to local employers. You will assess our apprentices in their place of work, and seek to combine a speedy achievement for our employers with a quality product for our candidates as well as developing, maintaining and account managing relationships with our local employers.
As well as having substantial work experience in your subject area, you will also be qualified to level 3 in a relevant discipline. In addition you will have the willingness to teach or train young people and hold, or be willing to work towards appropriate assessor/verifier qualifications.
You will need access to your own suitable transport to be able to visit clients across the Staffordshire region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To instruct and assess students in Painting & Decorating on a range of construction courses up to and including level 3. To carryout assessments for WBL students.
- To engage in core duties including preparation, marking, and monitoring student progress. To work with the lecturers in the preparation of flexible learning materials, lesson plans & schemes of work.
- To be involved, as necessary in the marketing and promotion of the Centre to schools, parents, potential students and employers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Is qualified to level 3 in a relevant discipline.
- Has relevant industrial experience in Painting & Decorating within the construction sector.
- Holds, or is willing to train for Assessor and Verifier Awards
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- 25 Days annual leave, rising to 30 upon 5 years’ service.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Assessor in Painting & Decorating, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 15th September 2019.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.