Aims of Job/Job Purpose
The main purpose of this post will be to deliver, assess, and support apprenticeship programmes within the curriculum division, in Social Media, Creative, Digital Media and any Media Delivery
Manage a case load of students throughout their period of study at the college.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Work with students and employers delivering and assessing knowledge and competence on College and/ or employer premises
• Work with college staff to develop and deliver flexible programmes to meet identified needs.
• Assist in the monitoring, review and evaluation of provision in line with the College’s Quality Assurance procedures.
• Undertake the enrolment, registration and if required the Basic Skills screening of students.
• Assist with the marketing and promotion of college programmes as required.
• Fulfill the role of assessor/trainer in accordance with the Code of Practice, including the training, development and supporting assessors.
• Review and complete detailed records of students’ progress and achievement on Smart Assessor
• Manage a case load of students throughout the duration of their course ( case loads will be determined by the Head of School)
• Report to the assistant director on students progression, achievement and success as and when required.
• Liaise and work with MIS and exams administrators as and when required to ensure date processing requirements are fulfilled.
• Attend regular standardisation meetings in accordance with the Code of Practice and the college’s quality assurance policies.
• Assess and monitor student progress and portfolio development
• Arrange assessment opportunities in liaison with College staff and employers to fulfill the requirements of the awarding body
• Undertake your duties so as to comply with the requirement of internal and external quality standards, as well as contributing to the college meeting its strategic aims.
• Attend meetings at the request of your line manager to ensure efficient communication with the college.
• All employees of South and City College Birmingham are required to engage in CPD (continuous Professional Development) and the appraisal process.
• Undertake your duties so as to comply with college policies and procedures, as well as health and safety regulations.
• Carry out any reasonable instructions, which involve additional duties commensurate with the level and grading of this post.
• Must demonstrate commitment towards and support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.