Smart Teachers is recruiting for an Assistant Caretaker to join a hard working site team at a school in Waltham Abbey, Essex. Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, the successful Caretaker will need to have excellent organisational skills and have the ability and confidence to work collaboratively, enthusiastically and calmly under pressure. The use of their own initiative is also imperative. This is a permanent role to start ASAP.
About the Role
· Assistant Caretaker
· General care taking and maintenance duties across the school
· Operating a heating plant
· Plumbing, redecorating and carpentry duties
· Permanent role to start ASAP
· Salary between £15,807 to £17,419 plus London Fringe
About the School
· Supportive school with helpful leadership
· Rated “Good” by Ofsted
· Comprehensive induction programme for all staff
· Access to onsite gym
· Child care voucher scheme available
· Allocated onsite parking space
· Transport links from London Liverpool street
In order to be considered for this role, the Assistant Caretaker will need to meet the following criteria:
· Previous experience of building maintenance ideally within an education setting is desirable
· General experience of working in the above fields desirable
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN24762
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate.
Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.