This is a temporary post to cover a period of maternity leave.
You'll be working either 07:00 to 14:00 OR 08:00 to 14:00 Monday to Friday during term time. You'll also work on training days and a further 4 days during the school holidays. The working pattern is fixed and not negotiable.
The job description sets out generic duties and levels of responsibility.
You will be required to carry out the following duties:
• Checking of and accepting deliveries
• Breakfast club – set up, serving food and interacting with students
• Vendor refill and clean
• Setting up serving outlets
• Delivering refreshments (teas / coffees / buffets) around the site to colleagues and visitors
• Operating the cashless catering touch screen till (Cunningham’s Fusion system)
• Serving hot food
• Cleaning down and resetting of hall
• Deputising for Catering Manager in their absence
• All round cover – go anywhere and do anything! Flexibility to assist colleagues with their duties.
Time management skills are very important, as many of the jobs that the role involves are time critical. These jobs are essential to the operation of the school and must be carried out without fail. Attention to detail and being able to manage own time proactively are essential skills.
The school promotes healthy eating and a wide variety of healthy snacks and cooked meals are available for staff and students. The school has been awarded a 5-star hygiene rating.
Food Hygiene training is essential and will be provided.
The Deepings School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
The Deepings School is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.