£16,781 - £17,772 per annum (£7,990 - £8,464 pro rata)
21.25 hours per week, term time only (38 weeks)
Closing Date: 19 March 2018 at midnight
The Houghton Regis Academy requires an exceptional Assistant Chef to deliver a first class food service to pupils and staff.
This is a really exciting opportunity for an existing Assistant Chef or experienced Catering Assistant looking for a role with a great work life balance.
The successful candidate will be required to support the Chef Manager to ensure meals are prepared and served to a high standard.
To be successful you must:
· hold a current certificate in Food Safety and have a first class understanding of food hygiene/safety regulations
· hold or be willing to work towards a Level 2 in Catering and Hospitalityhave an ability to work as part of a close team
· have knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and how it relates to the work in a kitchen
· possess great organisational skills
· have a professional attitude.
It is preferable, however not essential, that you have a background of working in schools and be proficient in baking.
Working hours will be, Monday to Friday, term time only (38 weeks), this is reflected in the pro rata salary.
If you are looking for a new challenge with a good work life balance we would like to hear from you.
For application forms, please visit our website:
or call our Recruitment Line on 0115 7483344
Complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.