Job Type: Teaching & Learning
Job Phase: Secondary
About the School
St Julie's Catholic High School An 11-18 school for girls: NOR 1066 (including a mixed Sixth Form) ‘Serve the good God well, with much liberty of spirit’
REQUIRED FOR April 2020: Assistant Curriculum Leader for Science
The successful candidate will be required to teach up to and including A Level St Julie’s Catholic High School is a popular and oversubscribed school for girls, situated in the conservation area of Woolton Village, South Liverpool.
In September 2017, we moved into our brand new £23 million school building.
GCSE and Sixth Form results in 2019 demonstrated excellent progress since our last inspection with a Progress 8 score in line with national and strong KS5 results for A-level and BTEC. In April 2018 OFSTED graded St. Julie’s as Good with Outstanding features.
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Curriculum Leader for Science to join the department, which comprises 8 fully resourced and brand new Science laboratories with excellent layout and space.
Two large preparatory rooms service these large and bright labs, supported by 2 Technicians and a Teaching Assistant.
About the Role
- You will be accountable for raising standards of student attainment and achievement within the curriculum area.
- You will effectively line manage other staff within the curriculum area, providing individual support and appropriate professional development.
- You will ensure curriculum coverage continuity and progression for all learners including those of high ability and those with additional needs.
- You will be a member of the school’s Middle Leaders Group.
- Qualified teacher status
- Degree or equivalent in the subject
- Evidence of recent and relevant CPD
- Experience of teaching in an 11-18 school Successful classroom practitioner
- Proven track record of successful people management in a curriculum role
- Ability and competence in curriculum management and implementation
- Wide experience of curriculum planning including collaborative planning
How to Apply
An Open Evening will be held on Tuesday 5 November 2019 at 4 pm to provide applicants with the opportunity to have a tour of the school and to meet members of the Leadership Team.
Please contact Ms Chapman to confirm your attendance in advance of the Open Evening (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Only completed catholic education service (CES) applications will be considered. The application form is available on St Julies Website.
All completed applications to be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 15th November 2019