• MPS/UPS (Outer London) Salary Range £28,355 to £44,541
• TLR2A £2,796
• Required September 2020
• Contract: Permanent
Middlesex Learning Partnership is a particularly successful Trust in West London. Our three academies occupy the very top positions in the Hillingdon League tables for outcomes. We are highly collaborative and committed to making a difference to the lives of young people. We have a strong sense of community where staff enjoy rewarding relationships with our conscientious and aspirational students.
Mathematics has a very high uptake at KS5 being taken by 34% of all A level students. Many of our students go on to study Maths related degree courses at university.
At a recent Challenge Partners review, the visiting team of reviewers fully endorsed the work going on in the maths department (including Key stage 5) and accredited the department as an Area of Excellence. Barnhill maths department uses Edexcel (Pearson) Exam board for both GCSE and A level. Key stage 3 is completed in two years and it is taught in three ability tiers: π (low), Θ (middle) and δ (higher). The department is a team focused entity and staff support each other across all key stages.
At Barnhill our students have achieved academic outcomes in 2018 which place us well within the top 5% of the country with a progress 8 score of +0.66. We are moving rapidly towards our goal of becoming an outstanding school.
We are looking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Assistant Curriculum Leader Mathematics – KS5 to strengthen our Mathematics Curriculum Area.
Successful candidates will have:
- Enthusiasm and passion for teaching and developing young people
- An engaging and optimistic approach
- High expectations and a belief in the potential of young people to achieve.
In return we will offer you:
- Motivated, hard-working students
- High expectations of behaviour supported by established systems and protocols
- Bespoke, high quality professional development including the Barnhill Middle Leaders Programme and opportunities to take the NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH.
- Accelerated career opportunities for aspirational and talented staff
- An extensive well-being package
- Established partnerships with: Teach First; Challenge Partners; PiXL; London West Alliance
- Opportunities to work across the Trust in different phases.
Please contact the Deputy Head Teacher Mehul Shah if you would like an informal chat about the post or to arrange a visit to the school email@example.com
To apply for this post please click the quick apply link
Barnhill Community High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that Barnhill Community High reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.