Assistant Curriculum Leader: Maths Teacher required.
Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan is an English Medium 11 –18 foundation school in North Wales. We are a school committed to the success of all our learners. Our motto ‘Dare to achieve’ summarises our desire for all to aspire for success. We are the first SSAT TEEP Ambassador School in Wales. This reflects our commitment to high quality learning and teaching.
The governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and inspirational Assistant Curriculum Leader: Maths to join our experienced and highly supportive team of Maths staff as a full-time Maths teacher. The successful applicant will work closely with others in the team to share good practice and will demonstrate an ability to engage with and motivate learners in order to achieve the highest standards. This post will require the successful candidate to assist the Curriculum Leader in the strategic direction and development of maths ensuring that standards and the quality of learning and teaching are constantly developed.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- An outstanding teacher who is able to motivate and engage learners through their passion for maths and learning and teaching.
· A motivated individual with a passion for teaching Maths
· Be an outstanding teacher, with Qualified Teacher Status, who is able to teach Maths throughout Key Stages 3 and 4
· The opportunity for KS 5 teaching exists for an appropriate candidate.
· A practitioner who engages all learners by providing a creative and dynamic learning experience for (We are a TEEP school and use this as our preferred method of learning and teaching.)
· Committed to teamwork within the department and the whole school
· Committed to raising the achievement of every learner
· Have experience of leading on an area of responsibility and able to clearly evidence their impact through this role
For the suitable candidate with limited leadership experience the role could be tailored towards being a developmental post. We therefore also welcome applications from any candidate who is an excellent maths teacher and is motivated to develop their leadership experience.
For further information please contact:
Ms M E Kelly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are very welcome.
Completed application form and letter should be addressed to Mr L Cummins, Headteacher and the closing date for applications is midday on Friday 22 September, 2017. Interviews to take place the week beginning Monday, 25 September 2017.
Ysgol Emrys ap Iwan is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be required to provide an enhanced DBS disclosure.