Assistant Curriculum Leader of Mathematics
MPS/UPS & TLR2b (Negotiable for an outstanding candidate)
A unique opportunity has become available for an inspirational Assistant Curriculum Leader of Mathematics to take responsibility for the success of the Key Stage 3 mathematics curriculum at Colton Hills.
Colton Hills Community School is a highly regarded 11-18 community school judged by OFSTED to be a ‘GOOD’ school in May 2015. The school encompasses a rich and harmonious multicultural community and is committed to the development of all students with the majority staying on in the sixth form.
The successful candidate will lead a highly motivated, enthusiastic team of teachers, committed to a collaborative, creative and stimulating approach to teaching and learning. As the Assistant Curriculum Leader, you will play an integral role in our vision for success by developing and shaping Mathematics provision at KS3.
The Mathematics department has a vision for all students to develop their fluency in the fundamentals of Mathematics whilst reasoning mathematically and solving problems.
Mathematics is very popular with our students and their parents and many students choose to study mathematics in the sixth form and progress to university study. Our students are eager to learn and you will be joining a talented and committed team of staff who are leading improvements not just in Mathematics but across the school.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding practitioner
- have a proven track record of raising attainment and be able to demonstrate success at GCSE and preferably A level
- be an effective leader, able to motivate and inspire others
- have high expectations for accountability and consistency
- a role model and coach to other members of the school community
- unrelenting in their belief of the potential of children
OFSTED May 2015
- “The quality of teaching is good. Teachers ask searching questions that provide a good level of challenge to all students, including the most able.”
- “Students are currently making good progress in English, mathematics and science.”
- “The sixth form is good and students are achieving improved standards across a wide range of subjects.”
- “Behaviour around the school is of a high standard.”
- “Students demonstrate positive attributes to their learning, show respect for each other and have pride in their school.”
We can offer you:
- Pupils eager for success
- Supportive parents who value education
- Supportive colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- Recently refurbished buildings with dedicated home-bases for independent learning.
- Major investment in ICT
- Extensive grounds and facilities set in green belt.
If you would like further information on the role, a confidential discussion or to arrange a visit to Colton Hills please contact the school.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 19 September 2017
Interview Date: Tuesday 26 September 2017
Please visit www.coltonhills.co.uk for further details.