Do you want to lead & teach RE in a Catholic school where students care about their faith?
Would you like to work with Andy Lewis, the famous author of textbooks & RE Blogger?
Come and join us at St Bon's.
- Do you think you could help deliver ��a creative and intelligently planned holistic Catholic RE curriculum”?
- Could you be part of “a vision for outstanding teaching and learning which is wholeheartedly embraced by all members of the RE department" resulting in “a departmental ethos of excellence”?
- Will you help students to think “ethically and theologically, with a high level of engagement with staff and peers”?
We are looking for a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher of Catholic Religious Education who will help deliver the curriculum while supporting and promoting the wider mission of the school.
The RE department is a successful and effective team, as demonstrated in the quotes above from a recent Diocese visit. Applicants must demonstrate their ability to contribute and help develop this team with a commitment to the very best teaching, using the most effective techniques and latest research.
The school has a bespoke Key Stage 3 curriculum based on The Way, The Truth and The Life. We follow the Edexcel GCSE Spec A Catholic Christianity and Judaism at Key Stage 4 and Edexcel A Level in Philosophy, Ethics and New Testament at Key Stage 5. We also have a 6th Form RE programme.
We expect that you will have evidence of excellent classroom practice and high expectations of pupil attainment.
St Bonaventure’s is a popular provider of education within the London Borough of Newham and we are oversubscribed.
We have a long and distinguished history of educating boys’, aged 11-16, in the East End of London.
St Bon's is recognised by the DfE, Ofsted and NCTL for our investment in improving student life chances and the development of our staff.
We have a large and exciting culturally and religiously diverse co-educational 6th Form.
We believe that our students have an entitlement to the very best education, with high expectations for all in our community.
- An opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, inspired and motivated team where staff genuinely feel valued and cared for.
- A minimum of 20% PPA for all teaching staff.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- We will encourage you to provide CPD to others; within our school, our borough, our diocese and beyond.
- A relocation package for the right applicant.
- A school with outstanding teaching and learning, where all our staff and the wider community feel proud to be associated with.
- A curriculum where personalised learning is at the heart.
We may call applicants for an interview before the deadline date if we are especially interested in their application.