ASSISTANT CURRICULUM LEADER - SCIENCE
Salary: £33824 - £42398 (Depending on experience)
We are looking to appoint an experienced and inspirational Assistant Curriculum Leader of Science to start in September. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to gain leadership experience, make a positive contribution to our successful science department and improve student progress You will need to have experience of teaching science across all Key Stages and the ability to teach chemistry to ‘A’ level would be a distinct advantage.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be passionate about science.
• Have a track record of delivering and securing progress across key stages 3-5.
• Be an excellent teacher of science who wants to create a positive buzz in the classroom.
• Have high expectations of students and want them to achieve or exceed their true potential to enhance their life chances.
• Plan and deliver appropriate interventions
• Take on book reviews and learning walks
• Use data analysis and intervention strategies to enhance student performance
Details and application form are available via email from firstname.lastname@example.org or can be downloaded from the website.
Completed application forms and covering letters should be returned to the Principal, Mr E. Wright. We can only accept applications submitted on school application forms.
Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy is part of the Ormiston Academies Trust and is a mixed, 11-18 school with a reputation as a welcoming and forward-thinking learning community. We are a growing and oversubscribed school in Runcorn with three specialisms of English & Literacy, Mathematics and Applied Learning that permeate the culture and ethos of the Academy. We offer a rigorously academic curriculum, supplemented by a wide choice of creative and performing arts, career-focused disciplines, technology and sport.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 27th March 2018
Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy is committed to, and actively promotes, equal opportunities for all its students and staff. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment is conditional upon receiving satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.