Assistant Curriculum Leader/Science Classroom Teacher
M1 to UPS3 + TLR 2b, Full Time
Are you committed to improving the life chances of children?
Join us at Park Lane Academy, a school which welcomes students of all abilities, aged 11-16. Our state of the art school building was opened in 2005 and was purpose built so that our students have an excellent range of facilities and an optimal learning environment.
We are currently undergoing an exciting transformation status through partnership with South Pennine Academies, http://www.southpennineacademies.org/
The Chief Executive of our Trust, Jane Acklam OBE, is a National Leader of Education. Ms Acklam works closely with our Principal Darren Atkinson, who has himself set an aspirational journey for the academy.
Our team of staff are wholly committed to improving the life chances of students and this is reflected in our mission statement. ‘We aspire to be the best at everything we do’.
We are looking for an innovative and passionate candidate to join our dynamic and new Science Department from May 2020/September 2020 who is dedicated to providing the best possible Science education to our students. You will have the ability to inspire, enthuse and encourage students to gain a love of learning and become successful in their studies.
We offer you the opportunity to:
• Work with a leadership team who are dedicated to putting Park Lane Academy on the map and becoming a beacon of excellence.
• Join a forward-thinking team of staff.
• Collaborate with outstanding staff and leaders across the trust.
• Accelerate your career through bespoke CPD, both internal and external.
• Work as part of a multi-academy trust, South Pennine Academies, alongside our partnership outstanding school, which holds National Support School status.
You will have access to:
• A well-being and private medical care package
Park Lane Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants to posts that are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS (formerly CRB) from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.
All completed applications must be submitted electronically to Mrs Turner via email at email@example.com by 3pm Friday 27th March 2020, with interviews taking place the week beginning 30th March 2020.
Park Lane Academy, Park Lane, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX3 9LG
T: 01422 362215