The Assistant Director of Accreditation is responsible for the operational day-to-day delivery of the COBIS Patron’s Accreditation and Compliance scheme and supporting its sustainable growth. The role is responsible for ensuring a high-quality of client service and care with member schools participating in the scheme and therefore must demonstrate a deep understanding of school improvement processes and pedagogical theory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Membership and Engagement team to ensure a clear, welcoming and effective attraction, conversion, retention and communications plan for new and applicant schools. To ensure applicant schools feel well supported through the initial Accreditation process and beyond through regular contact.
- To assist and advise the Director of Accreditation on initiatives including revision of the current processes and procedures to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- To collaborate with the schools and the school accreditation teams to enhance the quality of service COBIS provides, and to support the Director of Accreditation in developing pedagogically sound and fit-for-purpose supporting materials.
- To gather and manage feedback from all visits. To support the Director of Accreditation to incorporate school feedback into future development. To ensure, where appropriate, that feedback is cascaded throughout the organisation and supports the promotion of the scheme.
- Monitor school QA cycles, and work with the Accreditation Officer to advise schools of their individual compulsory Compliance/Accreditation visit cycle.
- To undertake Peer Accreditor and Lead Improvement Partner training and be able to carry out school visits as required across our global membership base.
- To support the Director of Accreditation with overseeing the work of LIPs on the Digital Workbook (DWB) and with visit guidelines. To maintain and develop LIP Compliance pages and management of LIP and PA formal engagement agreements.
- To ensure up-to-date and regular reporting and that tracking procedures are fit for purpose. As a member of the Accreditation and Membership Committees, manage associated documentation and contribute to accurate and consistent summary reports.
- To support the Director of Accreditation with the Quality Assurance of Compliance and Patron’s Accreditation reports for schools.
- Work with the communications team to promote the scheme to our members and the wider international school community through cross-channel communication and marketing initiatives (emails/blogs/webinars etc).
- To support the CEO and Board to raise the strategic profile of the Compliance and Accreditation scheme amongst ministries, regulators and other key governmental and non-governmental organisations.
- To accurately monitor the Accreditation budget and to ensure that the targeted number of schools register for the scheme annually.
- To work with the Accreditation Officer to identify and implement improvements to the functionality and user experience of the Learning Management System (LMS) and DWB.
- To work with the Director of Operations and Membership Officer to identify opportunities for commercial partnership working aligned with Compliance and Accreditation Standards.
- To work with the Membership Officer to identify new opportunities/regions/segments in which to promote the scheme.
- To maintain a working environment in which safeguarding, well-being and diversity is promoted, respected and responded to, and in which the equality of opportunity is promoted. To respond to all enquiries politely, quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining outstanding customer service standards.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all areas of work practice reflect compliance in relation to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and associated good practice and to bring to the attention of the designated COBIS Data Protection Lead and CEO any potential breaches.
- To represent COBIS with a high level of professional credibility at internal and external conferences, meetings and events, in the UK and potentially overseas. To ensure a positive image to customers and other individuals and organisations and to promote the COBIS brand, activities and services by whatever means are appropriate and available.
- To identify and recommend system and process improvements where possible.
- To provide effective line management and supportive Performance Management to the Accreditation Officer.
Renumeration and Conditions of Service
- The post is available with immediate effect initially for 12 months
- COBIS has the discretion to renew/extend the contract
- The position is considered a part time position. 4 days/30 hours per week.
- The office is open Monday-Friday 09.00-17.30. Working hours/days within that period are to be negotiated and agreed in advance with the successful candidate
- Flexibility regarding working schedule at peak times would be an advantage
- The candidate will be required to attend and actively contribute to the success of the COBIS Annual Conference and Committee meetings which take place over 4 days in London every May
- Overseas travel associated with school visits will be a component of the role. Travel expenses and insurance cover will be reimbursed accordingly
- Salary package is £40,000 - £45,000 per annum pro rata (depending on experience) based on 30 hours/ 4 days per week (32k-35k per annum).
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days (pro rata) plus statutory bank holidays
- Access to pension scheme in line with pension regulations. COBIS employee pension contribution is at 5% of salary
- Access to medical insurance and travel to work, ride to work scheme and annual season ticket loan
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
All candidates wishing to be considered for the post are required to submit the following two documents:
1. A covering letter/supporting statement (maximum of 600 words), addressed to the COBIS CEO, explaining their interest in, and suitability for the post, referring to the job description and person specification
2. CV, plus the names and contact details of two professional referees
Completed applications are to be submitted by email to:
Miss Andrea Berta, EA to the CEO - email@example.com
If you have any questions about the position or the role and function of COBIS, please contact Mr Colin Bell, COBIS CEO on +44 203 826 7190.
Closing Date: Friday, 28 June at 13.00 GMT
Interviews: Interviews will take place in second half of June in London
Interview Location: COBIS Head Office, 55-56 Russell Square, London WC1B 4HP