We are looking for an Assistant Director of Boys’ Boarding at Institut Le Rosey in Rolle and in Gstaad, working closely with the current Directors of boarding to assist them with all aspects of pastoral care and discipline.
Le Rosey is a boarding school and the post will be residential. On-campus accommodation is provided and conditions of work are attractive. The ideal candidate will be a qualified teacher with an experience of boarding. The successful applicant will be expected to play an active role in boarding life. Knowledge of French, or a strong motivation to learn French would be an advantage.
Only online applications will be considered. Applications must include 3 references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer.
Teaching and Boarding duties
The duties listed below are by no means exhaustive and rely on flexibility and adaptability.
The job is full-time and may evolve over the next few years:
- Teaching academic classes with a reduced timetable.
- Assist with morning check ins.
- Support the Directors of boys’ boarding in their daily tasks.
- Ensure a regular presence on campus, notably at mealtimes.
- Ensure the school codes are applied and adhered to, fostering Le Rosey values.
- Occasional mealtime announcements.
- Assistance with Wednesday or Thursday afternoon sanctions in Gstaad.
- Assist with afternoon absence register and study hall in Gstaad.
- Attend disciplinary hearings and help with investigations.
- Occasional weekend standby duties, shared with other directors of boarding.
- Help create a vibrant and diverse weekend program.
Sports & extra-curricular activities
- Contribute to the sports and to the extra-curricular program at Le Rosey.
Institut Le Rosey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all its staff to share this commitment. All new employees are required to undertake a security clearance, which includes providing criminal records reports as well as a special excerpt from the Swiss criminal records for people working with children.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 28 March 2020. Further details will be sent to all suitable candidates and interviews will take place in April.