A unique and rare opportunity to design and develop a new Mathematics Faculty in an Outstanding School ….
Holyhead School is a heavily oversubscribed, 11-19 Academy in Handsworth with over 1300 students on roll. The school was designated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted following a successful inspection in December 2013, April 2015 and December 2017. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school’s success including:
● Teachers have high expectations of all students, regardless of their ability
● Relationships are excellent and are built on respect and trust
● Students from many different backgrounds and cultures get on very well together
● Staff morale is high
● GCSE results across a range of subjects are significantly better than those of similar schools, representing outstanding progress
● Students’ achievement in the Sixth Form is outstanding
● The Mathematics department was shortlisted for the TES awards in 2016 and achieved the Centre of Excellence certificate for the Pearson teaching awards
We are looking for….
● An energetic and enthusiastic Leader of Mathematics aspiring to Senior Leadership
● An outstanding practitioner with a track record of success
● Dedicated professional with a commitment to extracurricular activities that add value for students
● Leader with vision and ambition who is attracted by the exciting prospect of building a new Faculty and rebranding this vital part of the school alongside a number of new colleagues
We can offer….
● Excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidates
● The opportunity to progress to Senior Leadership
● A bespoke CPD programme to support the right candidate with the launch and ongoing development of this new Faculty
● A friendly and supportive working environment committed to Staff Wellbeing
The Mathematics curriculum area at Holyhead has an outstanding track record. We are looking for someone with drive who can bring a new strategic direction and creative approach to the teaching of Mathematics. If you have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to join us as we move forward in this exciting curriculum area then please contact Ms Jennifer Bent, PA to The Principal, and ask for an application pack. Alternatively, the information can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please note applications only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: 12 Noon on Wednesday 18th April 2018
Interviews to be held on Tuesday 24th April 2018
Holyhead School, Milestone Lane, Holyhead Road, Handsworth, Birmingham, B210HN
Tel: 0121-523-1960 Fax: 0121-523-1969
email: email@example.com twitter: @holyhead_school