Raising Standards Leader- Science
MPS + (TLR 1A £7,853)
Required for September 2019
Holyhead School is a heavily over-subscribed, 11-19 Academy in Handsworth with over 1300 students on roll. The school was designated ‘Outstanding‘ by Ofsted following a successful inspection in December 2013, April 2015 and then again in December 2017. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school’s success including:
● Teachers have high expectations of all students, regardless of their ability
● Relationships are excellent and are built on respect and trust
● Students from many different backgrounds and cultures get on very well together
● Staff morale is high
● GCSE results across a range of subjects are significantly better than those of similar schools, representing outstanding progress
● Students’ achievement in the Sixth Form is outstanding
● Results in Science are excellent
We are looking for….
● A well-qualified, creative and dynamic Middle Leader with experience of Raising Standards at Key Stage 4
● An energetic practitioner able to support the Head of Faculty and Assistant Head of Faculty to identify underachieving students through effective tracking and monitoring
● A Leader who understands the importance of reliable assessment and intervention for rapid progress
● A dedicated professional with a commitment to extracurricular activities that add value for students
● A leader who has the ability to teach A Level would be advantages
We can offer….
● Excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
● The opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and successful department
● A friendly and supportive working environment
● A commitment to staff wellbeing
● A comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development
The Science Faculty at Holyhead has an outstanding track record. If you feel that you could add value to the current provision in Science for our students and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to join us as we move forward in this exciting curriculum area then please contact Mr Yasir Idris, Human Resources Manager on email@example.com and ask for an application pack. Alternatively, the information can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please note applications are only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: 12 Noon on 20th May 2019
Interviews to be held week commencing: 24th May 2019